South West - Event Notice
Wednesday August 27 2008
Earth First! summer gathering, 27th August - 1st September
south west |
Sunday June 08, 2008 14:19 by EF!SG collective
Meet people, make links, learn skills, take action.
Join us for 5 days of workshops, networking and planning actions. The gathering is also a practical example of low-impact eco-living and non-hierarchical organising. It's run without leaders by everyone who comes along, so come prepared to chip in!
Want to do something to stop our planet from getting trashed?
Ecological Direct Action without Compromise!
Earth First! is about direct action to halt the destruction of the Earth. We believe we can make a real difference by doing it ourselves rather than relying on leaders, governments or industry. Direct action is at the heart of it, whether you're standing in front of a bulldozer, shutting down an open-cast mine or ripping up a field of GM crops. We're a loose network of people and campaigns coming together for ecological direct action.
Earth First! Summer Gathering
27 Aug - 1 Sept 2008, Norfolk
5 days of workshops, skill sharing and planning action, plus low- impact living without leaders.
Meet and share skills with others who care. Plan actions and campaigns. Have fun. We've got over 80 workshops, planning, strategy and 'Where Next' sessions planned, get in touch if you want to offer a workshop!
* Share and learn skills for kick-ass direct action
* Network your campaign against ecological destruction: open-cast mining, genetic engineering, agrofuels, dam-building, hunt-sabbing, climate actions, pipeline resistance, anti-nuclear campaigning, road stopping, anti-whaling, town centre gentrification, squatting, rainforest protection and much much more.
* Think and learn about eco-centric ethics and alternatives to the corporate world of greed and exploitation.
* Find strategies on how to bring about radical change.
* Practical skills for ecological restoration and sustainable living including field trips and hands-on work
We are a diverse community with a wide range of approaches to our action, so there should be plenty to interest and inspire everyone whether you have been active for years or are completely new to it all.