Vote Down Babylon! A voting Guide for Hitting the LibDem Coalition
local government |
Wednesday April 27, 2011 18:34 by vota
I'm in favour of full spectrum resistance - yes to street protests, but yes too to using our vote to hit the ConDem's where it hurts them. Here's my cut-out-and-keep guide to the best way to vote out either LibDems or Tory in the wards of Bristol...
- Ashley - It's got to be Gus the Green party man. They came within 300 odd votes of winning last time, so if you want to hurt the LibDems, vote Green.
- Bedminster - It's solid Labour, so don't really matter as long as you don't vote for the English Democrats (fashism-lite).
- Bishopsworth - Labour were second here and have the best chance of winning.
- Brislington East - Was close btween Tory and Labour, but Labour won. So vote Labour here.
- Brislington West - Labour again.
- Cabot - LibDems have a good lead, so vote Labour to topple 'em.
- Clifton - Another LibDem stronghold. With the Tory vote 2d, it's Green who were 3rd last time and best vote here.
- Clifton East - As with Clifton, Green vote is best option.
- Cotham - A LibDem seat with Green vote 2nd last time, so vote green here.
- Easton - A 3-way race between LibDems (who won), Labour and Greens - colse so pick either Labour or Green here.
- Eastville - Labour was second, so it's Labour here.
- Filwood - Solid Labour, but vote still 'cos the BNP are standing and need to get hammered.
- Frome Vale - Labour was second, so it's Labour here.
- Hartcliffe - Labour won last time. Interesting no BNP candidate this time...
- Hillfields - Labour was second, so it's Labour here. Again, no BNP candidate this time...(yay!)
- Knowle - Labour was second, so it's Labour here.
- Lawrence Hill - Labour first, but LibDems were close 2nd, so Labour here. No BNP this time too.
- Southville - Greens were 1st last time, but LibDems came a close 3rd, so stick to green to keep them down.
- St George East - Labour was second, so it's Labour here. No BNP this time too.
- St George West - Strong Labour. No BNP this time too.
- Stockwood - Tory zone. Labour was second, so it's Labour here.
- Whitchurch Park - LibDems first but very close. Labour was second, so it's Labour here. No BNP this time too.
- Windmill Hill - Strong LibDems. Labour was second, so it's Labour here. No BNP this time too.
As for the AV vote... If the Tory's win, the LibDems are weakened. But if the AV gets a Yes David Cameron said he might resign, plus the right wing papers hate it, so it's a Yes from me.